Video of Seekers talking about program.
• Build fundamental skills, such as respect and empathy,
• Strengthen social-emotional intelligence
• Acquire interviewing, listening, writing, public speaking skills
• Participate in a novel experiential learning curriculum
• Diminish marginalizing stereotypes about both young and old
• Gain a more personal historical perspective
• Form meaningful relationships free from invasive technologies
• Internalize a sense of connection with the community
• Feel encouraged to ask questions and develop interest in others
• Receive support from a non-judgmental mentoring relationship
• Develop an awareness of age-related discrimination
High School Program
In many families there is little time for the needs of older relatives as well as young people, to develop meaningful connections. As a result, young people can feel overlooked, and elders forgotten. Both ends of the generational spectrum can feel marginalized, isolated, and disempowered. Participating in Sages & Seekers offers both generations positive interactions from which mutual respect, understanding and empathy can grow. These interactions strengthen the individual, as well as our communities.
What happened to the art of conversation?
"Our rapturous submission to digital technology has led to an atrophying of human capacities like empathy and self-reflection..."
Sherry Turkle, Reclaiming Conversation
Sages & Seekers